Hospital Pre-authorization Help
In order to be covered, you’ll need to get our authorization first. This cover could be for a planned or emergency hospital admission, specialized radiology, selected procedures, post-hospitalization benefit or casualty treatment.
For any treatment that’s not an emergency (i.e. that’s planned ahead of time), you’ll need to contact us at least 48 hours beforehand. We’ll give you a hospital authorization number, which you should write down and take with you to hospital.
You must contact us within two working days if it was an emergency
In an emergency you must get an authorization number from us within two working days after going to hospital.
If you cannot contact us yourself, then your doctor or a family member or the hospital can contact us on your behalf.
Need to get authorization for a hospital stay or any other treatment? Contact us now:
Phone us: 0292 – 889430
Monday to Friday 08h00 – 16h30
Email us: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
When you contact us, please have the following information ready:
1. Your Railmed membership number.
2. Your date of birth and I.D number.
3. The reason for admission, applicable tariff codes for the proposed treatment (your doctor should give these to you).
4. The date of admission and the proposed date of the operation or treatment.
5. The referring doctor’s name and telephone and practice numbers.
6. The name of the hospital with telephone and practice numbers.
7. For a CT scan, MRI or similar procedure, you’ll need the name of the radiology practice.